Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

Logger here. I bought a used Norcold 2 way fridge

Customer Question

***** ***** Logger here. I bought a used Norcold 2 way fridge to use in my off grid place. How would I hook up alt. solar battery to the fridge. I only have generator power and cannot run it all the time. could I use a solar battery with a solar battery tender to use just propane?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I now have just the propane hooked up. I need electrical power for the propane to run the pilot light? Could I go from solar battery to inverter, to plug in back of fridge?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — RV Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** would need a constant DC power source to run the fridge, even on LP. So what I might do is get a deep cycle battery and then hook up your solar panel to the battery so the battery is getting some charge that may be just enough to keep the battery charged which will supply the voltage for the fridge, normally when the DC voltage gets below 10.5 volts the fridge will shut down. IF you need more help please get me the model of the Norcold... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert