gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

Dash oil pressure gauge quit working Trip tech oil pressure

Customer Question

Dash oil pressure gauge quit working Trip tech oil pressure displays fine works fine
Just recently adjusted valves and changed oil and filter Is the dash gauge controlled by the trip tech ?
2005 winnebago vectra c7 Cat
Category: RV
Expert:  Fix-it.. replied 8 months ago.
good eveningif the trip tech guage is displaying oil psi and not the guage and the guage is electrocic then it sounds like you have a bad guagelet me know if you have anymore questions
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Where does the oil pressure Dash gauge obtain its signal from and can I measure a signal to the dash gauge to confirm that is the real problem
Expert:  Fix-it.. replied 8 months ago.
its all through data linkThe answer here is that if that if the triptech reads the data and the dash doesn't the first step is to do the guage,because it sounds like the signal is broadcasting but the gauge is not picking it up.so there fore the first suspect is the guage