Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a motorhome with a frietliner chasis and a cummins engine

Customer Question

I have a motorhome with a frietliner chasis and a cummins engine . I had frietliner do a scheadule B service on it , they overfilled crankcase and now every time I do an incline I get anotice that my coolant level is low, coolant level is fine , but check engine light comes on and stop engine also comes on and engine kills , am able to start up again and continue , however problem continues . Piease advise as to why this is happening , have already contacted frietliner , but no respond yet, David .
Category: RV
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 8 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. An overfilled crankcase and low coolant are 2 different systems that should not effect each other. Though overfilling the crankcase is not good it can not cause this low coolant warning. The crank case needs some oil drained so its at the correct level, that can be done easily by removing the drain plug briefly. For the low coolant concern which is causing the warnings and shut down. That is likely a stand alone concern from a faulty coolant level switch. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen you should see a rating 1-5 stars. Please make sure to select one. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because no rating at the top of your screen was selected and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris