gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have a Atwood od-50 instant hot water when I turn off the

Customer Question

I have a Atwood od-50 instant hot water when I turn off the water the burner does not turn off. It will if I tap the assembly or the high temp switch activates.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: He the instant should stut off without water flow
JA: Anything else I can tell the RV Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No I don't think there any thing to add
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 8 months ago.
Hi, you are correct in that once water flow stops, there is a valve that senses that, and shuts off the burner, if you can provide me with the model number I can locate the correct part, thanks
Hi, you are correct in that once water flow stops, there is a valve that senses that, and shuts off the burner, if you can provide me with the model number I can locate the correct part, thanks here is a link to the troubleshooting manual click herehttp://www.atwoodmobile.com/dealer-manuals/ODWH-TroubleShootingGuide-wip.pdf