Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I bought (although have not taken possession of) a 2016

Customer Question

I bought (although have not taken possession of) a 2016 class c forest river forester with a ford chassis.
When service was testing prior to our picking it up, they found there was a vibration when it was driven over 45 mph, so they checked it and found that the driveline needed balancing. They took out the driveline, balanced it, and replaced it. The sales manager says that it's a common problem and that it is fixed and we shouldn't worry about future problems.
Is this something We SHOULD worry about? Is he telling me the truth about it being a common problem? Can we expect future problems or smooth sailing?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

I would get this in writing and make sure it would be covered under warranty in the future. IF the drive-line was not balanced then you would have vibration and normally that is an easy fix. If the unit is not making any vibration now I would not be to concerned about it. I might request a sample of the rear differential to be taken, many times if there is an issue with that certain metals will show up in the fluid. The plug normally has a magnet on it and will catch any metal, if you had chunks of metal on the plug it would be a concern, shavings are fine. IF it appears to be driving good now I would not be to worried and make sure they document the repair for any future warranty issues on it....... Hope this helps some.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert