Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2008 damon essence with 425 cummins and second time

Customer Question

I have a 2008 damon essence with 425 cummins and for the second time I am having air loss problems I believe it is the relief valve that is not resetting, I had the problem before and it was replaced but I do not know where it is located and cannot drive or tow vehicle to a shop need help to find valve so I can replace
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

As I see no one has posted here,have you tried to see if a dealer or repair center locally can tell you where this is located on your model here at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Pete what other info do you need

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this model here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

When the unit does air up can you hear the purge valve pop off at max pressure? The purge valve will be on the bottom of the air dryer. The air dryer filter will spin on OR be enclosed in a canister that will have a band clamp around it. I might change out the air dryer and purge valve to start and see what happens. Normally that filter will be in the rear near the rear differential and if you can hear the purge valve pop off at max pressure you should be able to find it. The filter will have a make and model number on it.

IT is also possible you have a check valve on one of the lines coming of the air tank, but would be hard to say exact location. IF you change the air dryer make sure you pump the brakes down until you have no more air then remove the filter.

IF your air tanks have drain valves I would also open them up and make sure you do not have water in the system, that would be an issue.

Hope this helps some... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

HI was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert