Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a norcold n611 and the light is flashing 4 times

Customer Question

I have a norcold n611 and the green light is flashing 4 times
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

That is not the code you want to see on this model, when the light flashes 4 times it is telling you the circuit board has failed. The circuit board is located outside under the access panel, it will have a bunch of wires going to it. Click HERE for a service manual, you can confirm what I am telling you. Hope this helps some.... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a brand new board
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

Was it doing this prior to replacing the board? Are you sure it is flashing 4 times and not 5?

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4 it wasn't coming on before
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the code for unlevel?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just had the switch on the front replaced should i reset the board?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hmmm... I wonder if you got a bad board. There is a reset you can try but normally that only works if the fridge is flashing 5 times. What I might try is hook up another DC source and ground to the board. The reason being is sometimes a power converter can put out dirty voltage or ac ripple and the board does not like it. So if you get a battery and make some jumpers going to the power and ground I would see if that code goes away, if not it sounds like you have a failed board.

The 5 code will lock out the fridge. IT means a high limit condition has occurred and the fridge shut down to protect it's self. There really is no code for the unit being unlevel. The code you have specifically says to replace the power board, IF you like I can give you the reset procedures. Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Click HERE and HERE for the resets, it will depend on what board you have.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

HI was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the light stays green now and fridge dissent get cold?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

So it appears to be working on both LP and AC power but it is not cooling?

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

This could be a thermistor or cooling unit issue. You can test the thermistor if you have a volt meter. Click HERE and see page 20....

It is possible the cooling unit is also at fault. A cooling unit can rupture or become blocked. For a rupture you might smell ammonia, see a yellowish powder on the back of the fridge or hear a gurgle when you turn it on. For a blockage you might not have any symptoms at all but no cooling on both AC and LP..... IF the cooling unit is at fault it will cost 1/2 of what a new fridge will cost. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would it be becuase it isn't level?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

You bet, if it is not level re-level and lit it sit for several hours then try to run it again. IF it has become blocked it would need to be replaced... I know not the news you are looking to here but when they become blocked there really is nothing you can do, sometimes tapping the coils with a rubber mallet or flipping the fridge a few times outside the RV can help but more times then not it does not work... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, please keep in mindI only get credit when you select a rating...

Thanks, Robert