Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

Signature Ultralite 8260ws bedroom slide out chain wire and

Customer Question

Signature Ultralite 8260ws bedroom slide out chain wire and pulley system. Jumps and won't drive when activated. Suspect gearbox, what to do?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

I suspect you are correct.........this is a very common problem with this system. Terrible design! Hopefully, you can get the updated version which is somewhat better than the original one. This is called a BAL Accuslide. Most dealers can get you the motor you need. Give them the part number off yours. Not too hard to change it out, but it can be a bear to adust the cables! Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this or do you still need some additional input from me?