Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Dometic 2552 Americana works on propane Not on AC,Have ac

Customer Question

dometic 2552 Americana works on propane Not on AC,Have ac power to freig but not to the element installed new 210 degree element ,that was not it still no power to heating unit?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

IF you have power TO the board and a new element then this would have to be either the AC fuse on the board or the board itself. I am attaching a copy of the Dometic Service Manual that covers this model for you. Print it out so you have it. See that section on testing for that. Then get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. http://www.fourwheelcampers.com/NewDometicRefrigeratorManual.pdf

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
NOT GOOD My model is a 2552 NO circuit board, NO fuse Wrong service manual now What?
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Sorry about that..........I read this as a 2852. This may be in the selector switch. That is on the rear of the fridge. Let me get you a manual for this model.

Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

I can't get online right now with my computer........I live off-grid and have a crappy service. As soon as I can get there, I will get a manual for you.

Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

I still can't get online.......if you go to Bryantrv.com you can select a manual link. It would be "Dometic Manual fridges" and I think it may be the first one on the list. It shows a section on the selector switch. Sometimes these get dirt on the contacts or they get burned and won't pass the current across. Can be a challenge to replace. Get back to me if you need more on this as all follow ups are included in our fee.