Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

2000 AMERICAN DREAM 40' COACH #1 FRONT FURNACE - THY TO

Customer Question

2000 AMERICAN DREAM 40' COACH
#1 FRONT FURNACE - THY TO START CLICKING ON AND OFF, ON AND OFF BUT THE BURNER DOEAN'T LITE.
#2 REAR FURNACE - EVERYTHING IS DEAD. NOTHING COMES.
PLEASE RETURN ANSWERS
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Really have to diagnose these separate as you have different symptoms for each.

For the front one that is sparking it could be an issue with the LP pressure, circuit board or electrode. I would want to verify the LP pressure, the pressure needs to be correct for the furnace to light off, it would be hard for you to do that without a manometer. Go to the LP tank and shut the valve, slowly open it back up sometimes if that valve is opened to fast the regulator can lock up and you might not get the proper pressure. IF you have a LP detector make sure it is turned on as well. I might also remove the circuit board and have a RV shop test it to see if it is good, the electrode will sense the presence of flame and send a signal to the board. IF the board is good then it sounds like a electrode or gas valve issue.

On the second one IS the fan coming ON? OR nothing at all.???