Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Iam replacing duo-therm by dometic model 600315.421 with a

Customer Question

Iam replacing duo-therm by dometic model 600315.421 with a new dometic model #331198.00 .The old air has a 6 wires plug wire color are red black blue white yellow green-yellow.The new air unit has 6 wires which are white red 2-blue black orange. How do i wire it.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

That part number if for an overload protector kit............what is the model number of your new A/C?

Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Are you replacing just the controls and thermostat or the whole thing?

Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Once you accept the phone chat offer and payment is confirmed I can call you or you can call me. No time limit on the call.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
replacing old ac model 600315.421 11,000 btu with new ac model(###) ###-####000 15,000 btu.
/dealer told us everything would conect. we have 6 prong plug from old control box, the six wires from new ac are not color coded the same,,, we are using old control box because one did not come with the new ac. Everything else lines up good.
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

That part number isn't the one for an A/C.......look on the box for the model number or the data plate on the unit. It should start with a "6" and I can tell you the old control box won't work. Once I know which model you purchased, I can tell you what control kit you need.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
mfg#641916c746 prod#936000746 sear#52526295 sku#9105305512 mod#3311983.000 dpltac1 2015 That is all the #
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

So it is a model 641916 A/C. That requires a single zone thermostat kit. See the attached link for a description of the A/C and tell me IF this ISN'T the one you bought. That part number is(###) ###-####000 and most dealers will have it. Please let me know if you need more on this. That thermostat ONLY needs 3 wires from the thermostat t the A/C and they can be any three you want from the OLD thermostat wire harness. I can assist with that if you need to and a phone chat is much easier for that portion. http://www.americanrvcompany.com/Dometic-641916-Duo-Therm-High-Capacity-Penguin-II-Low-Profile-Air-Conditioner-Upper-Unit-Electronics-Pre-Installed-Single-Zone-LCD-Thermostat-Required

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it looks like it, is this a 15000 btu?
Is control box supposed to be included ?
We did not get control box
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Yes, this is a 15K unit and the control box is inside.........but, you still need a thermostat that matches up with that and the part number they show is the correct one.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't see control box built in , we have 6 wires coming out of unit ,, 2 blue 1 orange 1 black 1 red 1 red-white striped, with bare ends, where do these go, and where do the three thermastat wires connect to,,, ? we need a control box to connect to
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Those wires are OUT of the control box.............you have to buy the new thermostat that mounts on the wall. No use worrying about the wiring yet until you get all the parts.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok then what do we do with the 6 wires with bare ends?
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Get the thermostat FIRST. Then we can wire it up. See the attached link for what you need. http://www.amazon.com/Dometic-3313192-000-White-Single-Thermostat/dp/B00C9OEZK6

Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Best to do the wiring instruction over the phone with a phone chat later when you are ready to wire it up and after you have the parts you need.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
we do have new thstat, not the same wires, there are thmsat wires in there besides the 6 wires
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

What is the part number of the new thermostat you bought?

Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

The correct thermostat has NO wiring on it..............none. You supply wiring from the OLD one that would have come out of the wall. IF you had a direct ceiling control, there are NO wires and you would have to provide some and run them to the new thermostat location.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
000
three of the six are marked 12v to stat 12v from supply and to stat 12 from supply
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
does that mean that 3 of the six are not in use ?
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Not the correct thermostat...........you need a(###) ###-####000 thermostat.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok I understand, am I correct on the rest of it now ? 3 wires of the 6 not in use ?
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

All 6 wires of the A/C hook up to their appropriate locations.............only 3 go to the thermostat UNLESS the furnace leads were there at the old one. I think you need to call in a mobile tech to come over and assist you with this. IF you do it wrong you will burn up some parts and that gets expensive. I will opt out of this and allow another tech to offer something if they want.

Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get someone to come over and assist you with this? IF NOT, we can do it over the phone if you want.