Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

Coachmen 1987 Ford e-350 chassis, Fuel pump on generator, no

Customer Question

Coachmen 1987 Ford e-350 chassis, Fuel pump on generator, no voltage to + lead on fuel pump. Switch off?
I am NOT plugged up to shore power and the gas tank is full.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Do you have a 12 VDC test light or a small digital multimeter? That would allow you to check for a good 12 VDC signal TO the pump. Check that first and then get back to me and we can go from there. All follow ups and exchanges are included in our fee and fully expected.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Checked the voltage.. 7.8 volts (why low) Hooked jumper from +12 to pump and it makes 1 click every time I tap the conection on/off. Looks like a bad pump. It should keep clicking with +12 applied. until the carb is full and the pressure has been built up. There is no spark, but that probably is because the +`12 is being drug down by the shorted pump. I have extra low pressure pumps on hand and will try that tomorrow. I work on golf carts and have an extensive background in electronis. Just wanted to make sure there was not a hidden switch or so other foolishness.
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

You have to get at least 12 VDC to this for it to work correctly. And it does sound like it may need a fuel pump.

Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get this resolved or do you still need some additional input from me?