Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Unit quit cooling power light was on. got home power light

Customer Question

unit quit cooling power light was on. got home power light off. 120 v ac to receptical. don't need gas cooling. just ac cooling. RM 2652/2852
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

HI my name is Robert....

In order for the AC side to work you need DC voltage going into the circuit board or the fridge will not even turn on, it does not care if it is plugged into AC power but MUST have DC voltage (over 11 volts) to work properly. I would get the battery charged up to 12 volts and verify with a volt meter that you have that voltage going into the board, if you have good DC voltage and the fuses on the board are GOOD then most likely that lower circuit board is at fault. Also check the flue canister really quick and make sure there is not a high limit on it, some dometics have one and it is a small disc with a button when it trips it will shut down power..... Hope this helps, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping..... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

HI was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert