Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

We have a 2014 Georgetown 378 and we lost all parking,

Customer Question

We have a 2014 Georgetown 378 and we lost all par*****, *****er, tail and fog light switch lamp. The wiring diagram we have shows the battery junction box OEM (Ford) fuse F6 controls this and is hot with parking lights on. The fuse tests good and is hot and is battery hot versus parking lights on hot. Any ideas on what might be wrong.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Most of the time, this is a ground problem IF you have power to the circuit. You can hook up a test ground and see.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The fuse in question F6 should only be powered when the headlight switch is in parking or headlights. However Thefuse in question is battery hot (12 volts on fuse with headlight/parking switch off). The tail lights/marker lights never come on with the headlamp switch on or off. If this fuse is battery hot wouldn't the lights be on all the time? Doesn't this mean the ground is not the problem, maybe the diagram is wrong?
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Did you check to see if you have power to that circuit OUT of the headlight switch? That might be the problem or a loose connection.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The headlights work correctly so the switch clearly has power. In the parking light position the front parking lights come on so the switch and power seem to be fine
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

The feed for the marker lights and tailight is separate from the headlights. And this might be a bad connection under the dash if you have eliminated the fuses as a proximate cause.

Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

I have to leave for the afternoon, so I will opt out of this and let another tech offer something.

Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

I see none of the other techs had anything else to add here. Were you able to resolve this or not?