gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have a Thor Hurricane 35C (2016). The monitor panel only

Customer Question

Hi Robert, I have a Thor Hurricane 35C (2016). The monitor panel only works when power to ignition, Thor states probably bad ground as it should be always on. Not close to a service center for another 2 weeks. Also the mid-grey tank always shows full, not a cleaning issue as came this way on delivery. But, when I disconnect one of the leads to the the panel, a 2 wire plug that goes into the panel logic not switches, it all works even without ignition. How do I find out what this lead goes too?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like what other details?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — RV Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The plug that I disconnected on the back has two wires solid green and solid black.
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

I think Robert is out for a few hours this morning, but should be back soon. Hang in there if you can........

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Do you have a volt meter? IS there a name on the monitor panel? What we need to see if that plug has voltage when you unplug it, we need to determine if the green or black is positive or ground, once we determine which wire is positive we can run a ground and see if it works. Kind of going into this blind without knowing the manufacturer.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Also at 10:30 pst I will be tied up in a meeting for a few hours, but I always respond....

Robert