Ron, RV Mechanic
Experience:  32 years Master Tech ASE certified.
7276279

I have a 98 fleetwood American traditional that the starter

Customer Question

I have a 98 fleetwood American traditional that the starter wires were removed by the previous owner and need a schematic with wire colors. The previous owner had wired the starter wrong and burned up the fuel shutoff solenoid. It has the 5.9 cummings
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No wires are attached to the starter solenoid! Batteries have been disconnected
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Take a look at the enclosed wiring diagram in the link below and see if its what you need . Its the standard wiring diagram for the Doge 5.9 Cummings start circuit. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Starter%20Mar%2025.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a different fuel shutoff valve, mine is a three wire . My concern is that the two posts on the starter solenoid had all wiring removed. I have a black/green stripe wire and a solid black wire along with all the positive lines that attach to it. One of theses is to charge the second coil in the fuel shutoff solenoid and I believe it is only charged during startup which would only be attached to the post on the starter solenoid that leads into the starter. At least that's my thought. But I cannot find any documentation anywhere to confirm or deny this. Even a photo to help with wire location would be helpful!
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay then its likely something the RV manufacture has changed . Unfortunately this is the only diagram I have. I will open the post back up for you in hopes someone else may have something different to offer if you would like . will The starter should only have two wires on it, the small start circuit wire and the large battery supply cable. The fuel shut of relay ties in the the small crank circuit just as shown in the diagram.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was able to get a diagram from the coach builder. Very tough info to find!! Thank you for trying.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Glad to hear you got it resolved and thank you as well.