Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

No chassis power, the chassis switch at the door is not

Customer Question

no chassis power
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the chassis switch at the door is not lighting up and no power to any of the chassis its a 29008 gulf stream class a on a ford chassis
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I want 2 get it started back home 10 milesaway
JA: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should be aware of about your RV?
Customer: new batteries, just wondering if there is a reset someplace or breaker to reset
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The RV Mechanic will know what to do. Our top RV Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the RV Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the RV Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

HI my name is Robert...

IF you have an interior switch then you have to have a solenoid for the switch, when you hit the switch is energizes the solenoid and allows power to the chassis fuse box. Sometimes when you hit the switch you can hear the solenoid click each time, if you can not locate it by sound follow the chassis battery cable and it will go right to the solenoid, once you locate the solenoid check for power on the LARGE posts of the solenoid. IF you have power on one side and not the other jump the solenoid and see if your power comes on, normally that solenoid is located outside and can be in a battery control box with other fuses, breakers and solenoids. IF you jump power you have power then the solenoid most likely is at fault. Also when you are following the cable look for a tripped breaker, below is a picture, most have a small tab that pops out when they trip, you also might have more then one so if you see any you should have voltage on both posts... Hope this helps some..... Robert