Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I bought a new 2016 heartland cyclone 4100 6 months ago i

Customer Question

I bought a new 2016 heartland cyclone 4100 6 months ago i had it up graded with three dometic brisk air 15000 btu ac's I noticed as soon as I bought it that the Ac did not cool as good as it should but bought it any way due to excitement since then on every trip it has been harder and harder to cool down and two of the three have started to freeze up at night even though the rv is not cool the one in the bedroom will get cool but not cold then warm up and ice will hit blower then drop on my wife and I in the bed I have taken to a local camping world they have had it for 8 days on the 7th day they finally returned my calls and said that all the ac's were working fine it has been cooling off here at night to low 50's then mid 80's at day they have been running ac's all night I ask them to turn all off and I would come there at noon with rv about 80 inside and run them for 2 hrs and see how cool it gets and it did not cool off at all they agreed there was a prob now they say all 3 are bad and need replaced I agree but find it hard to believe all 3 6 month old ac's could be bad if so do I want to put 3 more of these pos things on my 90,000.00 rv
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Doubtful they are all bad.........I never have much confidence in "techs" from Camping World as I have heard of too many horror stories! There may be an issue with the freeze sensors. If the fan speed is on low and the cooling is on high that can cause freeze ups. What is the make and model of these AC's? Get back to me with this and I can assist you further here. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

Just checking back to see if you were able to resolve this or do you still need some additional input from me?