Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a Keystone outback camper the slide is 1/4 way out

Customer Question

I have a Keystone outback camper the slide is 1/4 way out when I try to go out or in I hear a sound like a chain is jumping on a sprocket and it will not go either way
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My name is***** name is kent I have a keystone outback one of my slideouts is partially out it will not go out or in and it makes a noise like a clutch or chain is slipping
JA: OK got it. Last thing — RV Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

It sounds like you may have lost some teeth on one of the gear drives. Do you know whose side hardware you have? It should be either Power Gear or LCI. If you aren't sure, take a photo of the gear tracks underneath and attach it to your post and I can give you more on this. The name or intials may be on the switch. Get back to me with this and I can help you sort this out. And year model would be good here.........

Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Just checking back to see if you were able to resolve this or do you still need some additional input from me?