Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a Sunstar Itaska on a ford chassis it has the v10

Customer Question

I have a Sunstar Itaska on a ford chassis it has the v10 Triton engne. Looking for the scan tool port. Nothing shows under the steering wheel. The chassis was built in 2007. Did Ford install one and where would I look. Looked around the engine compartment and fire wall nothing showing. Help
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

On many of the ford chassis's the drivers dash panel will swing up OR have a few screws that hold the panel in, after that is removed it will expose a fuse block and normally the obd connector is in that location, it might be tied to other wires and difficult to spot. The only other place is sometimes if you have a carpeted panel on the firewall in front of the steering column it could be behind that, once again many times they are wire tied up and hard to spot.... Hope this helps some..... Robert