Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I need help determining what the problem is with my atwood

Customer Question

I need help determining what the problem is with my atwood he refrigerator. I won't work on AC mode. Any help? Can I just replace the display circuit panel?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

That probably isn't the problem. Most of the time these Atwood fridges have issues with the heating element. At least that would be the first thing to check as well as the fuse for the heating element on the circuit board. The element can be checked with a small digital multimeter. Be sure and upplug the fridge first! Hope that helps some here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Long story, but I converted from 50amp to a 30amp plug and didn't realize I sent 240 down one leg of the power system. I've replaced converter and fireplace. Now, the only thing not working properly is the refrigerator. It works fine on gas mode, I'm assuming I fried something and my research indicates replacing the control panel on the front of the refrigerator may fix my problem but I wanted to ask an expert before making the purchase.
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

You should check the control board and heating element first. I doubt this is the control panel.

Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this or do you still need some additional input from me here?