Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, RV Mechanic
Experience:  36yrs.in Auto Industry, Aamco Trans.Master..
17290852

I have a 2013 Winnebago Itasca Sunstar that starts but then

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Winnebago Itasca Sunstar that starts but then quits. It is under Ford Warranty, and has spent the last month at Palm Bay Ford. They replaced the PCM and it still had the same problem. They replaced the ignition switch, didn't fix it. Have had the chassis and both coach batteries replaced, didn't fix it. Had an RV Place, (A1 RV Malabar Florida) look at it three times. Still Starts and Quits. Has a Triton V-10.
Category: RV
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The problem is intermittent. Ford Dealer couldn't duplicate the problem for a week, but the following week I had to have AAA tow it to the Dealer. RV Repair place couldn't duplicate the problem, came to my house after it wouldn't start.
First time it happened was after a night of no hookup camping, started and quit 3 times (Fast Spin on starter), but then was dead. Aux boost started it right up. Went to breakfast but after it was totally dead. All accessories worked, wipers, horn fans. lights, etc. Started generator but still nothing. After 15 min on phone with AAA on hold, tried again & it started. Took it to Ford dealer, no luck. Also the RV repair place says I have to turn on the inverter after I start it to get the alternator to charge the chassis battery.
Expert:  Joe Barfield replied 8 months ago.

Hello ,This sounds more & more like its a fuel issue, id say possible fuel pump Thanks Joey

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Was not the fuel pump. What now?