Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My lp onan generator on a 2006winnebago view turns over but

Customer Question

my lp onan generator on a 2006winnebago view turns over but wont start, as well as my cook top stove doesnt get lp i am suspicious that there may be air/water in my lp line or tank... this is the first time using it after the winter.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if i can
JA: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should be aware of about your RV?
Customer: no
JA: Our top RV Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the RV Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the RV Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

If you have an LP detector make sure it is turned ON, go to the main valve on the tank and shut the valve, slowly open it back up, sometimes if that valve is opened to fast the regulator can lock up and you might not get the proper pressures. What I would also do is have the LP pressure checked, it needs to be at 11" of water column and a RV shop that has a manometer can test the pressure and do a leak down test to see if you have a leak in the system. Try and get the stove going if you can before starting the generator, that will help equalize the lines. Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

HI was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert