Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Have a sandpider fifth wheel. The black water holding tand

Customer Question

Have a sandpider fifth wheel. The black water holding tand fell out of rail. I dont see any damage. How do i put it back. It sits in angle iron rail. Two pipes coming from top.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

I would make sure the tank is empty as it would be easier to work with. You should be able to angle the tank some past the angle iron and then when it is above the angle iron straighten the tank so it is sitting on both rails. I would also look at using some plumbers strap (metal band) to help secure this better. You would add the strap and then screw it above the tank to any frame railing that you see. IF you still need more help please send me a few photos and I might have some more ideas, I would think you would be able to lift it on an angle to get it past the rails and then center it up... Robert

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Do i have to remove the pipes coming from floor
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

OK

The pipes would be the vent pipe and the pipe from the toilet to the tank, if they are still hooked up then I would not try to remove them, if it is not possible then I would cut them and the use a rubber type coupling with clamps on each pipe to re-secure them. I do not think you will have to remove them but they might get in the way and make things more difficult. Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

IF the tank fell out it is possible the pipes have cracked, normally they are glued in, and that would be a difficult repair to make. IF they did crack and it is not a matter of just sliding the tank in I might let a RV shop tackle this.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert