Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a1985 pace arrow RV, that I bought used, I need to

Customer Question

I have a1985 pace arrow RV, that I bought used, I need to start from scratch, and wire up both batteries, hook up the generator, get the water pump going, & hot water heater, Etc.
Please get me started, I have electrical expdrience, (enough so that I won't hurt myself or others by doing this sworkmyself.
Category: RV
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How about you run the battery configuration past me and I'll start there??
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

This is a difficult question as the age of the unit and not having any prints, I am going to include an owners manual for you so you can become familiar with the electrical system. As far as the batteries they will be 6 volt or 12 volt for the house side, they need to be deep cycle as well, below is a link for you on the MAIN cables or larger cables, if a wire is not hooked up and it is going to a fuse, breaker or solenoid it will go to the positive side, if it is going to the chassis frame then in twill go to the negative side. Once you have DC power the items inside should work. You will have a power converter a power converter will take the incoming AC voltage make the DC voltage and charge the battery up when you are plugged in or with generator.....

Click HERE for an owners manual which may help and see link below on the main battery cable hook up. Hope this helps some... Robert

Battery hookup....

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

You should be able to respond here, the other question had to be closed so you do not get charged again...

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert