gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

I have an 2003 7hgjae-1912b Cummins generator in my toy

Customer Question

I have an 2003 7hgjae-1912b Cummins generator in my toy hauler trailer. It has sat for 8 years. I removed an clened the carb. I was able to get it running but it runs really rich. Also am getting no power to any items like light, frige. I also have changed the oil, plugs,air filter. Please advise.
Category: RV
Expert:  Hank F. replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What is the serial number of the genset?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 7 months ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I put in a 13 hour day at my primary job yesterday, and was exhausted when I got home.

For the running rich, this carburetor is not supposed to be taken apart. It is a C.A.R.B. certified carburetor, and is supposed to be replaced if it goes bad. If you are running too rich, the carb is probably damaged and will need to be replaced.

For the no power, I need to know if the status light in the start switch is on steady while the unit is running, or if the light is flashing rapidly.