Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2014 Aspect 27K. We are new to this motor home. It

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Aspect 27K. We are new to this motor home. It seems that none of the GFI connected outlets work with the Generator on. It has an inverter, but I do not know how to check if this is working correctly or not or if this even has an effect. The AC outlets above the Driver seat work and the AC outlets on the inverter unit work. What can I do to check next (Pressing the GFI near the door doesn't seem to do anything positive or negative.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

When you are plugged into power do the outlets work fine?

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Follow ups are included, sometimes need to get a better picture of what is going on.

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

As I was waiting for you to respond I checked the owners manual and it looks like you have a Xantrex pro 1000 watt inverter, on the side of the inverter is a circuit breaker, click HERE and see page 2-2 item #1 it shows the breaker, make sure that is not tripped normally on the round style breakers it will pop out when it trips. Let me know if that works or not. Please feel free to respond, follow ups are included.... I only get credit when you select a rating. Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

IF this is only happening on generator and not shore power go to the generator and make sure you do not have a breaker tripped, most generators will have two breakers, on some generators you have to remove a side panel to view the breakers. Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Also you want to verify you do not have another GFI that is hiding, normally they are in the bathroom or galley but can be located just about anywhere else including the outside, I have seen them hiding in some strange locations.

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped?????

Robert