peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

Can't get the top down on my 1996 towlite camper, can't tell

Customer Question

can't get the top down on my 1996 towlite camper
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: can't tell if the release is stuck. Can't hear pump come on when pushing the down, but can hear it when I push the up
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: pull the release, push the down button. It doesn't seem to release when pulling the cord, and does nothing, no sound when pushing the down button
JA: Is there anything else important you think the RV Mechanic should know about your RV?
Customer: no, just need to know how to oet the top to go down or where we can find a manual online
JA: Our top RV Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the RV Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the RV Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be due to an internal electrical fault in the down side of the switch itself.I have seen this switch fail before on several other models in the past needing replaced.This will have to be checked/tested further unfortunately to see if this is the cause here for sure and then from there replaced to correct this issue or the component found at fault repaired.This may be best done by a repair facility that has the correct diagrams on this model here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete