Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Is there a vacuum that pulls the water out of the bowl

Customer Question

Is there a vacuum that pulls the water out of the bowl because it does not work - I can open the ball as I step on the pedal and can put a bowl bush through but the water will not go down
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

hi my name is Robert..

Do you have the make and model of the toilet?

Unless you toilet has a macerator pump the water should be going down when the ball opens up. SO that would mean the piping from the toilet to the tank is blocked. What you could try is to get some liquid soap put it in the toilet, get an old garden hose run it down the toilet so it goes into the piping from the toilet to the tank and give short bursts of water while you move the hose around, sometimes that will clear the blockage. Also make sure the black tank is empty or it could back to the toilet. IF you get me the make and model of the toilet I should be able to tell if it has a macerator or a type of vacuum pump... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert