Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

RV Mechanic...Removing furnace to replace fan motor in 1999

Customer Question

RV Mechanic...Removing furnace to replace fan motor in 1999 Bounder 34V. Gas tubing comes down from top in front of furnace unit preventing me from pulling it out. Can't find other end of tubing...not available underneath, not available from above in cold air return area and unable to see from anywhere in wet bay. Where is the other end of tube, how can I get at it or get the furnace out past it? Thanks, Bill.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

You may not have to take that loose. OR at the very least take it loose and push it out of the way. You don't have to take that out to remove the motor in most cases. What is the make and model of the furance? Get back to me with this and I can direct you further here. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
From the literature, it's a Suburban SF20, SF25, SF30 or SF35. If you need me to be more specific I'll have to go back over to the unit...which I am happy to do if you need.
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Thought should be able to get the motor out without taking the furnace out. Or push the gas line up out of your way so you can get to the fan cage and screws. Both ends have to come off to get the motor out.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can't bend the tube without using a spring bender can I?
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

You don't have to bend it............push it straight up out of the way.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There is serious resistance after I push about two inches. But, I will wiggle it around and see if I can get it. Thanks.
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Push it over to the left to allow the fan shrould to come out.

Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get this resolved or do you still need some input from me here?