Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

2004WFg38G s/n 10G85E277774 house and chassis batteries

Customer Question

2004WFg38G s/n 10G85E277774 house and chassis batteries won't charge. Changed converter, checked circuit breakers, read 15+ Volts across year old coach batteries but will not even light a light. Trying to jump chassis now with pickup, seeing 14.1 on wall panel meter but won't turn over yet. Wall panel meter will not read chassis batteries.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Did you check the disconnect relay switch? If that is in the "store" position it won't and there should be a shortstop breaker there that keeps the power from the converter from reading the batteries. Look in the battery control center. If you need a photo or some wiring diagrams, let me know. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Where is the disconnect relay switch?
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Most are near the door or on the overhead. Most are made by Intellitec and say "use" and "store" on the plate and have a red light showing when the batteries are in the loop. When you hit the swtich you can usually hear a distinct "click" when they activate.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
There is an "aux batt" on off switch that sounds like it flips a relay. I get nothing either way.
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

That may be the problem. Either the fuse is blown or the relay is bad. If you have a small digital multimeter you can test it quickly. Those are about $20 or so at most hardware stores. I can direct you in the testing.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have a meter.
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Those relays are usually next to the house batteries OR in the Battery Control Center. Let me get a set or wiring diagrams for this and then we can test it. Give me about 15 minutes to get to my computer and files.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
O K. Thanks
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Click on the attached link and look at the diagrams. See the disconnect relay in the panel there. Check the DC voltage on BOTH sides. It should be the same. Those are the larger gauge wires on each side. The smaller ones are for activating the relay. Let me know what you have. Try it just sitting and then plugged into shore power. http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2004/04_g-ser_wire_146761.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Here are the 12 VDC circuits for this. See the last page. http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2004/04_g38g_wire_145413.pdf

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I cant get to it I should call somebody local
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

You can't get the cover off the box? Not sure what you mean, but if you don't think we can do this.....even over the phone, then perhaps a mobile tech is the next best thing.