Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We have a 2003 Fleetwood Southwind 36 ft. with the 8.1

Customer Question

We have a 2003 Fleetwood Southwind 36 ft. with the 8.1 workhorse chassis. We were on a trip when we parked and shut the motorhome off. After about an hour we got back into it and it would roll over but it will not start. We have a brand new battery and starter. We had it towed to a repair facility and after it sat overnight it started right up without any problem. They could not figure out why it did that. They tested the fuel pump and it is good. Yesterday my husband started it and turned it around in our drive. This morning it will not start. Again, will roll over but will not start. Any ideas?
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The RV Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Not necessarily. But we thought we would ask in case your people would have some idea. The battery is new.
JA: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should be aware of about your RV?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
JA: Our top RV Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the RV Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the RV Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

I see no other experts have responded.... To start off on this I would verify the battery voltage when the engine is cranking over, make sure the voltage is not going under 10 volts when cranking, check all the cables make sure they are clean and tight and the main ground is tight, if you had a loose cable it could give intermittent issues.

IF it is not a voltage issue it could be an issue with the fuel delivery, IF the fuel filter has not been changed in some time I might change that out to see if it helps. The fuel pump also could be giving you intermittent problems as well. I might have a shop have another look at this if the problem continues.

Robert