peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

My 2005 Fleetwood Model no. 8333B6665, The slide out won't

Customer Question

my 2005 Fleetwood Model no. 8333B6665, The slide out won't slide out....
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In some cases debris can get in the slide out tracks and needs cleaned and removed to correct this here.Usually you would hear the slide motor trying to work if this is the cause here.

If the motor is not heard at all this can be an issue with the slide motor itself needing replaced or an issue with one or more blown fuses possibly needing replaced.If you have not checked for any blown fuses this needs done.

If the motor is heard to work but a grinding or crunching noise is heard then you may have stripped gears on the motor or slide track needing replaced.

This will have to be inspected further to locate the cause and then from there repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete