Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

Turned on my truck, plugged back into truck and brake

Customer Question

turned on my truck , plugged back into truck and brake control came on saying trailer brakes disconnected trailer brakes stayed locked up disconnected battery power to 8310ss and braked released plugged trailer back into truck and controller worked ok and dash board no longer said brake plug not plugged in trailer sat for two days and somrhow brakes locked up solid plugged into truck or rv plug disconnected brakes sayed locked up until I shut off batteries to trailer then everything worked fine whats up
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Check the pin on the brake away switch and see if it is pulled partially out. That is the usual cause of this. It has nothing to do with the controller, but acts from the battery. The controller still tells you that the controller is disconnected as that is true. Best to pull the pin out and push it back in again. If you still have a problem, it may be yo have to replace the switch. Not expensive and most RV places have them. Easy to wire up. Hope that helps here. Please get back to me if we need to dig deeper into this as all follow ups are included in our fee and fully expected.

Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this or do you still need some input from me here?