Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

How do I remove the pleated day and night pleated shades in

Customer Question

how do I remove the pleated day and night pleated shades in a 2005 Phaeton without removing the valance we are going to MCD to have new installed
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

IF you look up into the valance on the backside towards the window look for a metal clip on each side, if you see them you need to press up on them to release the shade. Some they will actually run screws through the top section of the blind and into the cabinet, you would have to carefully move the fabric at the top and feel for any screws. I can say I actually got to work with MCD a few years back and the units we did we took all the old shades out when installing new so they might be able to do that for you. They make a great product.

IF you still need help and are not finding the screws or clips at the top please let me know, I may need see some pictures....