Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

2011 Allegro red 38 qba - my passenger slides won't work and

Customer Question

2011 Allegro red 38 qba - my passenger slides won't work and my leveler won't work. Worked fine yesterday. Left and traveled the day got to our campsite last night and only the driver side slides would go out. It seems electrical as there is no clicking or engaging sound of anything when you activate the switches.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

We see this question all the time here and about 90% of these are battery issues. When was the last time you had the batteries serviced and load tested to be sure that they are good and not failing? Do this first and even if these are brand new. Even new batteries fail at a fairly high rate. IF one goes bad it drags the current out of the others. If they are over 3 years old OR you haven't been checking the water frequently, chances are good they need replacing. Hope this proves helpful here. Please get back to me if we need to dig deeper into this as all follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Water levels are good and batteries check fine. It operates the driver side slides fine. Plenty of power and it is a larger slide.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

You mentioned "slides" and "levelers" in the question........now just one? I have to leave shortly so I can't do a phone chat right now and I will opt out so another tech can offer something on this for your or perhaps take a call.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No the leveler is not working nor the passenger side slides.
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Have the batteries load tested and be sure one isn't failing here. This points to that above any other reason. In my shop it is the first thing we would do before anything else. Just taking a voltage reading doesn't tell you the actual condition. I will be back in a few hours if you still need some assistance here.