Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2010 Coachman FET242RBS and bought it used in

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Coachman FET242RBS and bought it used in 3/2013. Last year the slide out started having issues, it would slide out find but will not pull back in.
(note:Its slides out about 20 inches)
So today I recharged my battery, keep power on, sprayed slide out on the some what rust bottom tracks.
I then power it out and had to hand crank it back in, I did this three times.
Here is what I noticed: (Its binding some were?)
-Inside the left floor mount is under the sink and one heavy duty screw had rust spots but both were very tight
-The bottom would kick out first then all smooth going out till the end when the same movement as before bottom kicks out and stops.
-After all the way out it would not move back in.
-One test I would run it out for 5 seconds & back in, but after ~ 14 seconds it would not return.
-Outside last year I was able to just lift the slide and it would return, now it is harder.
What more can I do before I let the repair shop work on it?
Ted in Trouble
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

I would make sure that the battery isn't failing and have at least two batteries if you have room. Be plugged into shore power when you attempt to move the slide. Use some good Thetford slide lubricants.........one on the wiper seals and one on the rails. Check the distance from each flange to the side of the coach wall and see if that measures the same within 1/4" and if not some adjustments may be needed. It sounds like this may be a number of issues causing this, but low voltage probably being the most likely. Slides take a lot of power and one battery usually won't do the job. Hope this helps. Please get back to me if you need more after checking the battery condition. Most places that sell them can load test them for you.

Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this or do you still need some additional input from me here? All follow ups on this question are included in our fee and there is no time limit. Thanks!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We are getting the necessary equipment to be able to follow your suggestions. We will rate you after we get our results. (One thing that I did NOT like was the "suggested down payment" and then rest of payment when satisfied with the answer. Baloney! But I know that is not your fault.)
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

You are correct............I have no control over the monetary part of this site. Let me know when you are ready to test. I will make a phone chat offer for you and I do control that fee. No time limit or number of calls.

Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this or do you still need more input from me here?