Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, RV Mechanic
Experience:  36yrs.in Auto Industry, Aamco Trans.Master..
17290852

My compressor on my ac unit isnt starting, its a duo-therm

Customer Question

my compressor on my ac unit isnt starting
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: its a duo-therm 57915.531 roof mounted unit. The blower works when it is turned on from the fan setings or the AC settings there is no hum as you usually get when the compressor is on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — RV Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Joe Barfield replied 10 months ago.

Hi , so the fan works fine correct ? just not cooling

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Why is it that every time you say you're going to help me, your system wants me to pay more? The first tech said "RV Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question ". Instead of $18 I had to put down $29. Now you want $12 more?!?!So to answer your question, yes the fan works, just no cooling. My guess is the capacitor. What is your thought?

Yes i agree its that or needs Freon Thanks Joe...just put 1on mine last year...Please rate my Answer....Take care

oh yea the 12 bucks would be for live phone which we did not do

I just work with them from home, when you rate me that's how I get paid my part

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Joe,
I'll get the cover off tomorrow after its stopped raining around here and take a look at the capacitor. How do I tell if it is bad? Will it look a certain way? Is there a place where I can find a schematic of this particular AC unit, Duo-Therm 57915.531? Thanks

if you hear a hum its bad & sometimes not.....but just change it as they do not last that long anyway

www.campingorld.com parts department

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok, I will check back with you in a couple of days after I get the cover off and inspect it. It been raining all day today. Thanks for your help.

ok take care