Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I just purchased a 1990 Minnie Winnie about 27. I's a little

Customer Question

I just purchased a 1990 Minnie Winnie about 27 long. I's a little jewel I think. I has about 68 000 miles on it.
It appears to have what I would call it Delaminating on the upper left side. Up and above the forward left side window. Kind of like a 12 inch diameter bubble sticking out.
Is that something that I can fix by simply screwing a hole in bottom of the bubble and pushing it it to fix it.?????
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

What I would do is remove the window, and then get an air nozzle below the skin and blow it all out really good, then you can get some sealant and get it in that area and clamp it down. I have had some luck with Sika flex 227 it comes in a tube and then you can clamp a 1/4" rubber hose onto the end of it to extend the reach, after you apply that get some clamps and wood and clamp it down for at least 12 hours and it should take care of that bubble.

You will also need to clean the window frame and for that I use adhesive cleaner and a plastic paint stick, then you will have to apply foam tape or even better butyl tape. Tighten the window up and then let that sit, the buytl tape will ooze out and then you can scrape it off, add a small bead of clear silicone around the window and you will be good to go. Some RV stores may carry the sika flex or you can get it online. For the buytl tape most home improvement stores will have that. Need to try to get the air clean and dry, that is what the air is for, the best you can...

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

HI was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.....