Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Our 2003 34 ft Southwind large slide motor no longer holds

Customer Question

our 2003 34 ft Southwind large slide motor no longer holds slide in when cornering (about 6 inches of movement!) What current slide motor code do we need to buy
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Do you have the manufacturer of the motor? Should be a sticker on the motor, if it has a lever make sure it did not come disengaged, some motors will have a lever and when you release it the room is free to move, it acts like a brake for the motor, most power gear motors are set up that way. IF you can get the part number of the motor and call a local RV store/shop they should be able to get you the proper motor, without any id on the motor you would need to have a RV shop have a look at this.... Hope this helps.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Also if you find out it is a power gear they are now owned by lippert they might be able to get you a new motor, click HERE for them but you would need the info off the motor. IF you still need more help please let me know, I do know that southwind used to use the power gear motors..... Robert

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Its a power gear 521066W 10 W. Power gear dont seemto still make this model and are the most expensive slide motor. Can you give me current specs and aprt numbers of any suitable replacement. I can then source through online shopping
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

I do not have that info however I do have a source that should be able to help you out on this, he used to be an expert on this site and he has his own parts store online and is very knowledgeable with these, I would get in touch with him to see if he can help out. Click HERE for the contact info I would try and send him an email, I see you are out of the US.... Robert

I will also take a look and if I happen to find out I will let you know.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Well I was able to find out the replacement it is a 523725 part number, if you google that number you will find some for sale... Hope this helps....

Click HERE for one place, that is the replacement.

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert