Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Try this again lost wifi atwood hot water 10 gal will light

Customer Question

Try this again lost wifi atwood hot water 10 gal will light and goes out, switch off and back on will ight for a few seconds and go out again
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Hi...

My name is Robert...

A few things you can try. First go outside and pull down the access panel, you will see the electrode or what sparks and below that is the burner tube, get an air nozzle and blow that out really good, sometimes spiders, debris can get inside. Make sure the electrode is about 3/16 over the burner tube as well.

Next you will see the circuit board, pull the connector on the board and get a pencil eraser and clean the contacts on the board, sometimes this area can be a weak link. Also if you remove the board it can be tested by a RV shop, most Rv shops have a special board tester and can tell if the board is bad which is possible, the board will shut down the flame if it does not sense it through the electrode.

Finally the LP pressure could cause problems if it was not correct. That would be hard for you to test without a manometer. Go to the main tank shut the valve and SLOWLY open it back up sometimes if that valve is opened to fast the regulator can lock up and you might not get the proper pressure.

IF it is not a board problem and the LP is good then I would be looking at the electrode, make sure the ceramic on it is not cracked and it is not sparking outside the tip.... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, follow ups are included.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

if you have more questions please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping.

IF also want a service manual on this please let me know....

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you still need more help please feel free to contact me follow ups are included. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping. Robert