Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

My 1984 Ford Travelaire (e350 ) is DRINKING gas. I smell gas

Customer Question

My 1984 Ford Travelaire (e350 ) is DRINKING gas. I smell gas under the hood which may indicate the carburetor is leaky. Is this a difficult fix?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

You should be able to find a rebuilt carb for that. It sounds like the needle and seat are shot and allowing it to flood out. Check with your local parts house and if you don't have any luck, get back to me and I can do some checking. Your VIN number would be helpful here. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Took it to two different shops, they insisted that they no longer make this model (i think thats crap). the third shop did mention something about a leaky gasket. Just wondering how hard this work is to do myself. Im heading out to the yard now, Ill get the Vin Number to you as soon as I get back
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Look for a tag on the top or side of the carb and see if we can match it up. Let me know if it is a 2 bbl or 4 bbl carb.

Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

I checked with my parts source and they assure me those carbs are still available in rebuilt versions. Get back to me with some numbers or a photo of your carb and the VIN number and I can get you the part number.

Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here?