Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My AC dual with thermostat RVcomfort.ZC Zone 2 not work

Customer Question

My AC Coleman dual with thermostat RVcomfort.ZC Zone 2 not work
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

To start I have seen an issue with these units if there is any RF interference, if you have any chargers plugged in or have ballast lighting turn them off and unplug the charges, pull the fuse on the thermostat for about 5 mins then put the fuse back in and see if the thermostat responds. I have seen this around the time frame of 2003-2004...I might also call Airxcel directly to see if they have any input on this, they now own all the Coleman products and have a tech support number, they can be reached at 316....832....4357..... I would try to unplug any chargers and shut off any lights you might have with ballasts in them, it was a known issue with that code and the RF interference.

Hope this helps some... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi robert
the dual system thermostat [Model: RVComfort.ZC] do not have any fuse it get the 12 volts from the cabin main battery.
the wires from the thermostat coming to the control panel [of Zone 2]all are good but when the Red & white single wire coming from the thermostat] connect to the panel make the short, why if the panel [by the A/C itself] is not connected to anything i unplug the 110 line and the interface to the fan and the compressor. why is the short?
also when this red and white single wire is no connected to the panel the thermostat work good with the other AC [zone 1]
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Pop the face plate off the thermostat there should be a glass fuse, my suggestion was to make sure you have no chargers plugged in or an lights with ballast that are on as they can cause RF interference. See picture below, that was the T-stat I thought you had.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am not by the Motor home now the fuse look OK when i checked it earlier, but i will check again tomorrow.
more than that, the thermostat work perfectly for zone # ***** [and the AC as well all good but to this zone only.
only zone #2 like not appear. and the bottom that changing zone do not function
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Right understand, RF interference can make these act up and I don't mean to keep repeating it but pull any chargers, if you have ballast lighting turn them off and then pull that fuse for 5 mins and then see if it responds for zone 2. You could have a bad control box in that second AC unit but I would call them as they have a customer help line and they can be helpful. IF you want to check that out and get back to me that is fine, I am around daily and respond when I can. Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert