Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2010 Forest River Surveyor Sport S293 and the

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Forest River Surveyor Sport S293 and the electrical motor that drives the pull-out is failing. A drills with appropriate drive puts the section out so all would work well if the motor worked. I am looking to remove the motor, take to a local electrical motor repair shop and put back in. Unfortunately, I see no trap door or any means of getting at the motor. What is the process to remove this motor?
thanks
joe
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

You need to pull the belly pan down so you can access it. We usually pull it down far enough to get the exact location and then cut a "trap door" in the plastic so we can get to it without having to take the whole belly off. Not sure about rebuilding it........not that expensive and a new one has a warranty. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't believe that working from the bottom will allow access as the gear box and electrical motor are right on top of the wheel well metal covering. I need the schematics to understand how the drive gear is connected into the gear box. I got the gear box loose and the bolt from the plastic housing of the electrical motor from the gear box. However, I can’t get the drive gear to slides out of the gear and I can’t get the motor sleeve to slide back off the gear box. SO, if you can’t provide the schematics of the gear box, main drive gear and electrical motor connections, you will not be of much help. I will continue trying to free the motor and search online for schematics. If you can provide, that would be help else not much help. Thanks…joe
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

I don't have those so I will opt out of this and allow another tech to offer something who might have something for you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please drop investigation as my brother -- car mechanic -- got it out.