Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My dometic thermostat won't go above 32 degrees it runs my

Customer Question

My dometic thermostat won't go above 32 degrees it runs my rear ac unit. I bought new thermostat does same thing. What's wrong?
.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

IF it is the rear AC and the thermostat runs both front and back it sounds like a problem with the thermistor or sensor that senses the temp for that zone, the sensor will be on a cabinet, and many will have a small slotted plastic cover the thermistor plugs into the control box for the AC unit. So if the thermostat is reading 32 then I suspect the thermistor is bad OR the control box inside # ***** AC unit.

On some thermostats you need to do a reset, not sure if you tried that or not. In oreder to help you further on this I would need the make and model of the thermostat AND roof AC unit. Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert