Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a dometic a&e awning in my bounder cloass a

Customer Question

i have a dometic a&e awning in my bounder cloass a motorhome. getting the olever .......but whe4n i switch witched in the open point i can open all the way with nol problem , and hearing a rattle.....the problem comes when it becomes very hard to switch the lever to close position....and the awning does not roll up. what is wrong,,,,,,,nothing seams to be broken......i have not tried to oerate the awning for over one year
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

The stopping mechanism may be worn or just dirty inside. You may have to take the spring assy off to check it. That part is not available separately, but it can be repaired sometimes. Hope that gives you some help here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get this resolved or do you need some additional input from me here?