Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We have a Dometic mf#958553121 Serial # 24993005 Model # RM

Customer Question

We have a Dometic mf#958553121 Serial # ***** Model # RM 1350M1MBSX
made in 2012. We were getting ready to travel and had our propane tank filled. We didn't know they turned it off. When we arrrived (about 5 hours) we noticed the refrig. was defrosting. we turned the electric on. Now it flashes LP even tho it is on electric. How do we get that LP to quit flashing? We really like the frig. and hope that not having the LP during travel didn't damage it. Thank you for your help
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Sounds to me the fridge could be in lock out mode for the LP side if the light is flashing. What happens when you try and run it on LP? Do you hear the electrode trying to spark? The electrode will be located under the outside access panel. My thinking is maybe when you had the propane filled some air got into the lines and is causing the fridge not to light on LP. Go to the main LP tank valve and shut the valve, slowly open it back up, sometime if the valve is opened to fast the regulator can lock up and you might not get the proper pressure. Try lighting the stove burners as well then starting the fridge on LP, need to know if the fridge will light off and if so if the flashing light will go away. On AC power it will take several hours for the fridge to properly cool off. Click HERE for a service manual, it should help some. Robert

What you might also be able to do is disconnect the 12 volt DC supply on the back of the fridge and then hook it back up to see if the light resets. The manual will show the DC supply wires.

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert