Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I wonder if CM850 often crash so you have to throw it. My

Customer Question

I wonder if CM850 often crash so you have to throw it. My ECM was changed in sept last year because you could not contact it with insite, and something was wrong with the communication with the injectors. Now the ECM wich replaced it in sept has crashed, no connection, and this time no power to the liftpump. Can it be something wrong in the motorhome, or is it just a coincidents that the new has broked. I think the old one was from the year they builded the motorhome 2003. Its a Monaco Coachman 34 with ISB 300 engine and CM850
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: I have had some problem with the trans check light but it was the turbo who didnt open the valve fast enough
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $49 after the Heavy Equipment Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. First you need to test all your ECM battery powers, switched power, and grounds. Check for corrosion in the harness and potential low or high voltage that could cause voltage spikes etc and damage the ECM. Test your batteries and charging system. Be sure to clean, inspect and tighten all battery to starter and alternator connections including all grounds. Let me know if you nee more help.