Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a Roadtrek 200 Popular 2003 model. We seem to have a

Customer Question

I have a Roadtrek 200 Popular 2003 model. We seem to have a leak coming in under the refrigerator. We have sealed every where we can think of to no avail. Any suggesstions.
JA: Leaks can get messy. The RV Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My husband removed the opening from the outside and sealed all around the inside and checked to see that the drip line was free.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I opened the cover on the side of the van covering the back of the frig. I cleaned everything well and dried the areal. I checked the drain at the bottom of the frig. to see if it was clear and it was. I then applied sprayon foam weather sealant I purchased from Camping World. It is a closed cell foam and using an extension tube I foamed along the bottom except at the drain. I continued up both sides as far as I could from the acces I had, about 2/3 up each side. This seemed to work for a while, but in the last week we had a small amount of water enter from under the frig.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the RV Mechanic should know about your RV?
Customer: The Roadtrek is a 2003 200 Popular with about 120,000 miles on it. Based on a 3500 Chevy Express cutaway van. I have sealed around all of the upper protrusions, windows, and plumbing using HPDM white coating. I do not see any leaks except the one I just repaired, the rear escape window, by replacing both of the rubber tube gaskets with new gaskets. Not tested yet. I also found that the rear tail light assemblies have bad gaskets and have sealed them temporarily until I can replace the assemblies with new tail light units. That is it to present. The motorhome has been taken good care of but we are the fourth owner.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

This might be from the roof vent or from a plumbing line near the fridge, if you are sure that it isn't draining out of the fridge. That drain line needs to either have a drain cup or be directed outside the vent so it doesn't collect in the floor area where the fridge sits. Check those things and then get back to me if you need help on the repairs. I will make a phone chat option available for you as well. All follow up are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to sort this out or do you need some additional input from me?