Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a fleetwood providence 2007, no power to my slide

Customer Question

I have a fleetwood providence 2007, no power to my slide outs, manual says to check fuse or circuit # ***** could you tell me where that might be located
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Everything else is working there is just no power to slides when we turn room extension key on to slide them out
JA: OK got it. Last thing — RV Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert

Sorry for the long delay. I see not other experts have responded. I do not have any wiring diagrams and you may need to get a hold of Fleetwood on Monday with your FIN number, they should be able to send you a print or tell location.

I have been a tech for some time and what you can try to do is get a 12 volt test light and go to each fuse box on the outside and inside and probe each fuse for power, this is a quick and effective way to see where you are missing power. Many times I use this method in the field and it works. When you check the chassis fuse box make sure you turn the ignition ON as some items will be only powered with ignition ON.

I would also go to the battery and look for any tripped breakers, many times the slides are wired directly to the battery and sometimes they will use a breaker, below is a picture, it can be mounted on the frame or inside a battery control box, as a general rule they stick them 18" from the battery. IF you see any the voltage to chassis ground should be the same.

Make sure the parking brake is set and the transmission is in park, that would also prevent the rooms from working.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, follow ups are included if needed. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Breaker.